for Dementia Sufferers
Panic of Dementia Patients
Although experiment has already proved that the saying of "the more times you chew when eating can prevent dementia" is incorrect, there are many doctors who will still make this claim to the media. In fact, the brains of animals that have not yet evolved often do chewing movements. The difference between them and humans whose brains have already evolved is that they are not subject to expressive muscles dominated by facial nerves, which is to say that it can solve dementia problems from the development of the expressive muscle. I believe that development of the expressive muscle equals development of the brain. Dementia patients have the so-called dementia face.
Dementia face indicates that corners of the mouth sag powerlessly, no facial muscle activity and expressionless. We would like to know what has changed to the condition of dementia after activation of the expressive muscle of people with dementia who have dementia face. We carried out the investigation after gaining consent from two elderlys of the nursing home. Apart from subjective observation in the course of the experiment, we also periodically used objective (simple method to determine dementia's> test method to examine).
Optical topography equipment uses the special reaction of the producing of oxidation by oxygen and reduction of red blood cells of near-infrared, which immediately knows the condition of cerebral blood flow amount. We used this equipment to investigate the cerebral blood flow condition of the right frontal lobe, which has a significant association to dementia. Previous reports have indicated that knowing from experience, dementia sufferers have less cerebral blood flow amount in the right frontal lobe. Therefore, we used optical topography to investigate what effect the use of Patakara to do lip closing movement and the movement of chewing gum has on blood flow amount of the right frontal lobe. The results showed that when chewing gum, there was no change at all in the blood flow amount inside the brain.
Yet, when using Patakara to close the lips, the blood flow amount inside the brain evidently increased momentarily. Professor Nakata Riki of the Centre for Integrated Human Brain Science from Niigata University said, by simply stimulating brain cells cannot allow brain cells to produce links. At that same time, cerebral blood flow amount is still needed to produce a thermal convection environment.
We used the fact that Patakara can increase the amount of blood flow to the right frontal lobe to help form the thermal convection of the cerebral blood flow amount of temporal lobe, parietal lobe and the occipital lobe via increasing blood flow to the right frontal lobe. Moreover, carry out brain training in such an environment to help linking of brain cells thereby improving dementia.
1. When giving dementia sufferers to use, please choose oral strength training device with small elasticity used for rehabilitation for them to use. As long as patients maintain the movement of closing their mouths after the device has been installed, that is good enough.
2. The more serious the person's condition, the more they are unable to understand the significance of using Patakara. Therefore, when using each time, you must be patient in explaining to patients the significance of using it, then help them install the Patakara and to close their mouths.
3. As long as they can maintain doing this 3 times a day for 2 months, they can use it themselves regardless of how serious their condition.
4. If a simple dementia test can be carried out every month during the use period, their appearances may not show obvious changes yet but the quiet changes of improvement inside the brain will appear on the test value.
5. To allow caregivers to feel obvious changes in the patients' conversations or during everyday life will need about 3 months. However, before this, caregivers should be able to feel the patients' expressions, especially their eyes will have restored to sparkling eyes.
6. The acceptance of using Patakara is different for males and females. Acceptance is higher for male patients, while the difference in living environment of female patients before getting dementia has a great impact. The so-called living environment indicates, the person was previously a professional housewife or not assertive on anything and highly dependent on others. When such a person suffers from dementia, they will not want to attempt challenging any new things and thus will strongly reject the use of Patakara. And for people who worked or who would actively participate in anything before suffering from dementia, most of them did not reject and accepted the use of Patakara.
7. No matter what, whether or not they can continue using Patakara for 2 months is the point in difference for whether or not dementia can improve.
When conversing with dementia sufferers, it was perceived that whether mild or severe conditions, dementia sufferers know who they are but do not remember things around them or the problem of wanting to remember but cannot remember. However, the case of not remembering everything is very small. Most of them will still have partial memories. When we want to use Patakara to increase lip closing strength to activate the expressive muscle to increase cerebral blood flow to the right frontal lobe to improve dementia, by taking into account the condition of dementia patients, we decided to use water to train the orbicularis oris muscle at the same time. Consequently, when giving the patient a milk bottle with Tsugumi installed onto it to use, the patient extremely angrily said "You think that I have become stupid, so you give me a baby's milk bottle for me to drink from?" upon seeing the milk bottle. When your memories disappear little by little and your behavior becomes more and more bizarre, you are filled with panic inside.
We often get rejected when giving dementia sufferers Patakara to use, as they are already unable to understand the meaning of treatment and so also lose their chance of recovery. Therefore, when you discover the emerging of abnormal behavior of your family members, please give them a chance while they can still co-operate to accept treatment.
© 2018 Patakara.eu. All Rights Reserved.